As our FGBC family enters into April 2020 and the Easter season, the coronavirus (COVID-19) is yet one more reminder that we live in a fallen & broken world. Ultimately, none of us is immune to this reality. But God has not left us alone. Jesus came to heal the sick and set the captives free. He has conquered sin and death and is coming again with a new heaven and a new earth, where there will be no suffering, no sickness, and no death. Our God still sits on His throne and because we have hope in Jesus we can have peace in even the most challenging circumstances.
While we’re trusting Jesus in this situation, here are some other ways we can respond to the coronavirus (COVID-19):
- Pray for mercy and healing for the sick, strength and endurance for medical professionals, insight for researchers, and wisdom for city and government officials.
- Look for opportunities to love and care for our church family and others in the Forest Grove community with the love that Christ has shown to us.
- Even as we’re unable to gather as a full FGBC body, stay connected to the church family through calls, texts, or other digital platforms. Continue to grow as a follower of Jesus by engaging with online content. Pray for and encourage one another without ceasing.
- We do not cancel services lightly. We believe that our God moves in power through the gathering of His people as they worship together and hear the preaching of His Word. However, we believe that in the short-term, this is the wisest and kindest path for our church. While we are not gathering for congregational worship, we encourage you to set aside time to worship through song, prayer, and engaging God’s Word. To aid you, we will publish digital resources to lead you in worship through reflection, song, and preaching. Our Pastor, Deacons & Yokefellows are making weekly calls to our members to reach out to check on any possible health, assistance and prayer needs. We will continue to keep you updated by our Quikkast communication system, this website and our social media posts such as Facebook, Youtube, and Instagram.
- Your giving continues to be an important act of worship. You can continue to faithfully give financially online by clicking here on this link, or by mail so that the ministry of FGBC may continue to thrive even in the midst of difficult days. If you prefer to give by mail, you can send checks to: Forest Grove Baptist Church, 22575 NW 94th Ave, Alachua, Florida. 32615. You can also bring it by the church office.
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?—Psalm 27:1
Along with all christians around the world, we’re now coming to terms with the “new normal” brought about by the coronavirus pandemic. It is our hope and goal to equip our church family with useful information and resources during these trying times. Please check back often for updated information. If you have ideas or resources that might be of interest to the wider church, we invite you to email them to us at: email@example.com
- Click Here For full details related to this COVID19 from our Government.
- Click Image Below for full details related to our Church At Home Efforts.
CHURCH AT HOME